I am loving the warmer weather and getting out into my garden after work each day. With Christmas only a few days away lots of my plants have started to flower for the festive season.
Here are the top 5 highlights from the past week in my garden!
1. These petite pink flowers belong to my Mammillaria sheldonii cactus. These small delicate blooms will only last for 3-4 days before they collapse. Currently there are another 3 buds that are yet to emerge.
2. Over the past few weeks my Lilium bulbs developed flower buds. Due to the warm weather we experienced a few days ago the flower buds have opened up to reveal some beautiful blooms!
3. My strawberry patch has been producing so much fruit over the last few weeks! I managed to pick another bowl full and I still have more coming.
4. All of my Agapanthus plants are in full bloom or have flower buds that are starting to emerge. Currently, my driveway and a few of my garden paths are a sea of blue from all the hundreds of flowers that are on display!
5. These flowers of the Dahlia ‘Dalaya Shari’ are one of my favourites. The flowers emerge in late spring and will continue to repeat flowering through summer until mid-autumn. These plants are a compact grower, growing to a maximum height of 40 – 45cm and can grow to a width of 30 – 40cm. This makes them a great option for potted displays or planted out in the garden!
By Bonnie-Marie Hibbs