I hope you all have had a good weekend!
Here are my top 5 highlights from the past week in the garden.
1. Finally, after weeks of waiting the baby rabbits that were once living in my raised vegetable gardens have moved out. There were three baby bunnies living in this garden box (pictured below) and three others living in another. It is amazing how well made the burrows are. I was also surprised how deep the burrows were. I am now looking forward to planting out my vegetable patch with all the new season’s veggies, and now I do not have to worry about digging up any baby rabbits!
2. I had time to clean out the gutters and as I was about to grab another handful of ‘gutter clutter’ I came across this little Callistemon that was growing happily among the leaves.
3. My swamp cypress tree, Taxodium distichum, has finally started to push out new spring growth since being dormant in the winter months. The new growth is a beautiful lush green and it is also the healthiest it has ever looked!
4. I was gifted this Alstroemeria by a good friend only a few weeks ago. In the short period of time that I have had this plant, it has already put on a few centimetres of new growth. It is currently growing in a 20cm (8 inch) pot and in the last week the flower buds have opened to reveal brilliant red flowers..
5. I am excited to see all the flower buds on my white Brugmansia starting to emerge. By the end of this week, hopefully if the weather continues to be warm, the flowers will open and be in full bloom.
By Bonnie-Marie Hibbs