‘Boots off Sunday,’ unfortunately, is a day late due to my computer having a few technical issues, but luckily everything is now working fine!
1. To start us off, the first highlight of the week was seeing my tulip bulbs flower! I honestly thought most of my tulips would have rotted from all the rain we experienced in winter and would have suffered from being dug up by the wild rabbits, but these guys are flowering beautifully!
2. The Acer negundo var. violaceum is just one of the many spring flowering trees that has started to bloom in the last week in my garden.
3. The Oleanders have started producing these seed pods and have already started to split in order to allow their seeds to spread. I have collected a few of these seeds so I can try and germinate them from seed.
4. My seeds that I sowed only a few days ago (3 days) have already started to sprout! This time I have my Corn ‘painted mountain’, Zea mays, and my worlds largest pumpkin, Cucurbita maxima, seeds.
5. My succulent and cacti leaf cuttings I took a few weeks ago have finally started to shoot white roots. With the weather slowing getting warmer and more consistent these little guys will start to grow 3 times faster!
By Bonnie-Marie Hibbs