Here are the top 5 highlights for this week’s Boots off Sunday!
1. My Gymea lily, Doryanthes excelsa, flower bud is slowly swelling and growing in height. At the moment the flower spike is measuring to a height of 2.1 meters. I hope it won’t be too much longer until the bud opens!
2. This is the first time this little guy has flowered! I can’t wait until it grows a little more so I can take some propagation cuttings.
3. I have been practicing my night photography skills. I have the most trouble with keeping the stars in focus, but I was rather pleased with this photo.
4. A lot of my Camellia japonica shrubs are starting to bloom.This is one of my favourites, although unfortunately I do not know what variety this is. It has been growing in the garden for almost 10 years.
5. All my Daffodil bulbs are in full flower and looking awesome!
By Bonnie-Marie Hibbs